VIRGINIA TINT LAW 2021 (VA) | We are looking to know more about the Virginia Tint Law. We have done our best on this page. We’ve collected all of your questions and answered them, providing some information for what type of tint is allowed by state regulations regarding darkness levels. How much it reflects light at drivers according to laws there. There are also different rules when dealing specifically car window tints, so be sure not to miss out!
The Virginia window tint law was first put into place in 1999, with the state being 34th out of 50 to enact these laws.
WHAT DOES VLT MEAN ACCORDING TO VIRGINIA STATE LAW
The percentage of light that a window tint film allows to pass through your car windows. It is called the VLT (Visible Light Transmission). Each state has different legal allowable limits. The amount allowed in Virginia for Passengers vehicles depends on what type it is – passenger or multi-purpose?
A HIGHER VLT means that more light it allows passing through the window tint film, making for a much darker appearance. For example, 75% tints will allow 75% of visible rays while only allowing 5%.
VIRGINIA TINT LAW – LEGAL TINT LIMIT FOR PASSENGER VEHICLES
- Front Windshield: Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 5 inches of the windshield.
- Front-seat side windows: up to 50% tint darkness allowed
- Back seat side windows: up to 35% tint darkness allowed
- Rear window: up to 35% tint darkness allowed
VIRGINIA TINT LAW – LEGAL TINT LIMIT FOR MULTI-PURPOSE VEHICLES
- Front Windshield: Must allow non-reflective tint above the manufacturer’s AS-1 line
- Front side windows: up to 50% tint darkness allows
- Back seat side windows: Must Allow any tint darkness
- Rear window: Must Allow any tint darkness
OTHER VIRGINIA WINDOW TINT LAW RULES AND REGULATIONS:
Virginia is an excellent state for window tinting. There are just some of the essential things to consider:
- Are side mirrors required in Virginia? If your windows are tinted, then you must equip with a dual mirror.
- Is it true that colored tint is illegal in Virginia? All colors allow you’re besides of red and yellow.
- Do I need a certified sticker from the company installing my window tint in Virginia? The answer is yes.
- Is there a way to get a medical exemption for window tint in Virginia? Yes, the law provides an option.
Suppose you’re looking for the latest window tint law information in Virginia. Be sure to check with your local DMV or law enforcement agencies. This page may not update correctly because all states change their laws frequently. We recommend double-checking any updates on this website before assuming anything is correct!
VIRGINIA WINDOW TINT LAW MEDICAL EXEMPTION REFERENCES
A physician’s signature is required to have window tints in your car. The affidavit must state that they are necessary because you have a physical condition that makes it so and updated every two years!
STATE OF VIRGINIA INFORMATION
The state of Virginia is home to some pretty incredible natural beauty. The Blue Ridge Mountains. The Chesapeake Bay provides the perfect environment for many species. That found in this area, like turtles. Richmond makes up our capital city which also happens to have one of the best historic districts. You’ll ever see at your fingertips- walking distance from federal buildings full of charm or restaurants serving locally grown food right off alleyways paved with cobblestone streets lined by chatting neighbors on porches enjoying summer evenings together until nightfall.
Confederate Park offers beautiful views while still close enough, so everything downtown attractions happenings are easily reachable via bike ride without.
- The Weirdest Driving Laws in All 50 States of the USA - December 27, 2021
- Is Car Window Tint Protect Interior In The Summer? - December 23, 2021
- Top 3 Benefits of Smoked Lights - December 16, 2021